Monday 28 October 2013

Upgrade to Beersmith

Well after a few years of using trusty old Brewmate as my brewing software of choice I have finally bit the bullet, lashed out and brought Beersmith and Beersmith mobile for my iPad.

My original hesitation was due to the fact that Brewmate was free. However it does lack some features that I like in Beersmith. Such as the inventory and stepped mashing. And also now that Beersmith mobile is available I like the idea of being able to run my brew day from my iPad.
So I've spent the night setting up my equipment profile and adding my hops and grains stock to Beersmith and played around with the recipe cloud account swapping between my iPad and PC. Beersmith is certainly a lot harder to use than Brewmate which I would certainly recommend for beginners.
But I think once the equipment profiles are all setup and the basics are grasped that Beersmith will be a much better program for the real beer nerd like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...